Wednesday 12 February 2014

still waiting to know the price of our soul

When Judas Iscariot sold out Jesus he received 30 pieces of silver, I don’t know how much that would be worth this day and age but probably less than what our owners are getting for the sale of the Boleyn Ground. That analogy may be extreme but to many that have been against the move to the Stratford athletic stadium the owners have finally sold the soul of the club, we are yet to know what they get but 30 pieces of silver or 30 million pound it makes no matter, the ground will be no more as of the end of 2016. Many may think this is sentimental clap trap but to me, and others that I know, it will be the end of the west ham united that was formed in 1900 down the Barking Road in Canning Town. When it was revealed that Gold &Sullivan were looking to buy the club back in late 2009 I must admit that I thought with David Gold in charge you couldn’t have had a better owner for West Ham, the man reeks of old style West Ham he would save the club, stabilise the ship, then build it slowly, having a club that still believed in style of substance. How wrong could I have been from day one they chased the OS yet they made all the right noises in that it wouldn’t be with the running track, as to quote David Sullivan just 1 day after buying the club Asked whether they would be happy to live with the track around the pitch, he said: "Ideally no, but there may be a way we could lay the running track for three months or something. On the BBC one month later Sullivan is reported as saying that football and running pitches don’t work yet when they realised that they wouldn’t get there way, they sold out their principles because money was needed. I was asked recently why I dislike our owners so much when others really like them, I replied that it was perhaps because I saw them, especially Gold, as one of us, but to me, they have shit on the club and the fans with the move, they way they have gone about it, the tactics they used against those against it, and the lies they have told. Basically, I was always told as a kid to never shit on your own doorstep, well Gold in my opinion has done just that. The Stadium will never be what a football stadium should be like, the distances and the overall size are just to large. There is nothing that can stop the move from happening but it don’t mean I have to like it or will ever believe it was the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment